Director of Cloud Infrastructure & Security
Laudio is here to empower and connect frontline healthcare leaders to drive outcomes that matter. With its leader operations solution, Laudio automates repetitive work and serves up daily recommendations and best practices that help frontline leaders gain better visibility into their teams, find opportunities for meaningful connections, and discover clearer paths to achieving their goals. Today, forward-thinking leaders across health systems all use Laudio to scale their impact while leaving the workday more satisfied. Soon, every leader will be able to achieve what seems impossible today, and that is the vision that drives us. To learn more, please visit www.laudio.com.
About the Position
You’ll report to the VP of Engineering. We’re a team that’s rapidly building and iterating on software built on AWS with React, Node, and other technologies. We’re globally distributed (United States & Nepal), so you’ll need to be comfortable collaborating across multiple time zones. We do try to work asynchronously as much as possible, but some early morning meetings (7 AM ET) are required.
Even though you’ll generally be working remotely, we are looking for someone who lives within commuting distance to Boston, MA for this role for as-needed, in-person collaboration.
Additionally, we do get together in person for team/company retreats a few times per year. It is also highly desirable that this person be willing and able to travel to Nepal 1-3 times per year for deeper collaboration with some of our engineering team colleagues.
As the Director of Infrastructure & Security at Laudio, your responsibilities will include:
- IT Infrastructure & Architecture - You’ll design, implement, secure, and support our infrastructure footprint in AWS (including servers, networks, virtualization, permissions, and storage).
- Security & Compliance - You’ll be our subject matter expert on security, and represent Laudio internally and externally on security related topics. Additionally, you’ll establish, own, and refine key processes (DR exercises, access reviews, schedule pen tests, etc.) to help maintain our compliance certifications.
- Team Management - You’ll lead, manage, and mentor a remote team (or two) primarily based in Nepal. You’ll create and own a roadmap and participate in setting and meeting quarterly OKRs.
- Hands-on Technical Contributions - We’re still a relatively small team, so you’ll likely have some time to contribute technically across our stack.
- Technical Mentorship - We value our culture where we help each other learn and grow. You’ll be participating in code/architectural reviews and leading technical design sessions.
- Thought Leadership - We’re big on continuous improvement. We’d love for you to share your ideas on where we can improve, both technically as well as operationally.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience as a technical leader
- 5+ years of experience overseeing modern infrastructure and security management in AWS or Azure
- 5+ years of experience configuring secure networks in AWS or Azure
- Comprehensive experience working with SOC 2 and HIPAA compliance requirements
- Experience working with compliance such as GDPR, FedRAMP, and/or TX-RAMP is a strong plus
- Experience working with technologies such as Active Directory and identity and access management (IAM)
- Experience creating and maintaining detailed system, network, and application diagrams and documentation
- Experience implementing and/or supporting multi-factor authentication (MFA) and/or single sign-on (SSO)
- Experience interacting with clients and prospects, answering security questionnaires, etc.
- Strong technical acumen with expertise in system architecture, engineering, and infrastructure delivery
- Familiarity and/or experience with the concepts of DevOps and SRE, and how to apply them
- Familiarity with some of our current tech stack (AWS, React, Node.js, Typescript, SQL Server, Redis, Terraform)
- Familiarity with products such as Crowdstrike, Carbon Black, JAMF, Intune, Perimeter 81, DataDog, and/or Vanta
Who you are:
- You are comfortable with a wide range of technologies
- You are comfortable and capable of acting with autonomy
- You stay current with the latest development best practices in your areas of expertise
- You have experience working with modern infrastructure and tools
- You’re comfortable facilitating responses to complex security and/or infrastructure incidents
We’d be really excited if you have previous experience:
- Collaborating with and/or managing teams located offshore
- Working with sensitive data such as PHI/PII
- Working at an early stage start-up
- Working at a SaaS product company
- Working remotely
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer in various environments with multiple distractions.
- Must be able to travel.
Reports To: VP, Engineering
Location: Boston, MA, Buffalo, NY or Miami, FL
A warning about recruiting scams: you should only respond to interview requests from people with a Laudio email address or authorized 3rd party recruiting agencies (check for the company's website before responding to ensure the person contacting you is legitimate). A Laudio employee will not solicit candidates through a non-Laudio email address like Yahoo, Hotmail or Gmail. Also, all our interviews are conducted via Zoom or phone call (never via Skype or WhatsApp).
Laudio is an equal opportunity employer and an E-Verify employer.