Quantitative Scientist (Imaging)
Verana Health, a digital health company that delivers quality drug lifecycle and medical practice insights from an exclusive real-world data network, recently secured a $150 million Series E led by Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC, Inc. (JJDC) and Novo Growth, the growth-stage investment arm of Novo Holdings.
Existing Verana Health investors GV (formerly Google Ventures), Casdin Capital, and Brook Byers also joined the round, as well as notable new investors, including the Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, THVC, and Breyer Capital.
We are driven to create quality real-world data in ophthalmology, neurology and urology to accelerate quality insights across the drug lifecycle and within medical practices. Additionally, we are driven to advance the quality of care and quality of life for patients. DRIVE defines our internal purpose and is the galvanizing force that helps ground us in a shared corporate culture. DRIVE is: Diversity, Responsibility, Integrity, Voice-of-Customer and End-Results. Click here to read more about our culture and values.
Our headquarters are located in San Francisco and we have additional offices in Knoxville, TN and New York City with employees working remotely in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT , VA, WA, Washington, D.C. All employees are required to have permanent residency in one of these states. Candidates who are willing to relocate are also encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Quantitative Scientist, Imaging
As Verana Health reinvents how research happens with data and technology in the healthcare space, we are growing our Quantitative Sciences team to solve complex real-world problems across multiple therapeutic areas, including urology, ophthalmology, and neurology. We are looking for a Quantitative Scientist that will work closely with algorithmic work being performed on multimodal ophthalmic images on the world's largest dataset of linked clinical and imaging data.
This role will report directly to the Director, Quantitative Sciences embedded within our data development offering. Built on the values of continuous learning, cross-functional collaboration, and rigorous scientific research, the Quantitative Sciences team strives to improve patient care by innovating at the intersection of real world data, clinical context, and methodology with our partners to ensure all available data is being used to in the most efficient, data-driven way possible.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Verana Health is looking for a Quantitative Scientist with a background in medical imaging analytics.
- Be a hands-on individual contributor on the Quantitative Sciences team with familiarity of relevant technical approaches (computer vision, machine learning/deep learning, data science, biostatistics, and/or epidemiology)
- With oversight from manager and/or senior members of the team, work on data development initiatives that enable commercial retrospective clinical studies through the curation of real-world data/medical images; this involves creation of image/statistical analysis plans, implementation of analyses, development of computer vision algorithms and machine/deep learning models in support of research objectives, and/or writing of publications
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams (e.g., Commercial, Product, Medical, Engineering/Technology, etc.) to translate clinical investigation questions into detailed data analytics requirements for internal and external projects
- Doctorate in a quantitative discipline (e.g., biomedical engineering, biostatistics, data science, computer science, etc.) or Master’s with 2-3 years of hands-on experience with messy data (e.g., medical images, claims, electronic health records, outcomes data)
- Working knowledge of medical imaging data/ health data analytics tools, especially Python (sklearn, skimage, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.), SQL, R
- Willingness to learn more about: clinical datasets and coding systems such as ICD, CPT, and RxNorm; pharmaceutical industry’s strategy and business processes
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Clear communication skills and able to deliver internal/external presentations
- Ability to execute and prioritize multiple projects with guidance from manager or senior members
- We provide health, vision, and dental coverage for employees
- For our PPO plans, Verana pays 100% of employee insurance coverage and 90% of family
- For our HDHP plans, Verana offers additional monthly $100 individual / $200 HSA contribution
- 401k Match - 3% match paid year end, up to $1000/year
- A generous parental leave policy and family building support through the Cleo Family
- Flexible vacation plans
- $700 Learning & Wellness stipend
- $25/wk in Doordash credit
- Spring Health mental health support
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Verana, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Caution to Job Applicants: Be vigilant against potential scams. Verana Health will never ask for payment or personal information upfront. Verify company details, cross-check job offers, and trust your instincts. Any legitimate job offer will be received by a Verana Health email account (not via gmail, text or other means) Report suspicious activities to protect yourself and others in the job-seeking community.
Please note pay ranges for major metropolitan areas may be different.