General Ledger (GL) Accountant
Verana Health, a digital health company that delivers quality drug lifecycle and medical practice insights from an exclusive real-world data network, recently secured a $150 million Series E led by Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC, Inc. (JJDC) and Novo Growth, the growth-stage investment arm of Novo Holdings.
Existing Verana Health investors GV (formerly Google Ventures), Casdin Capital, and Brook Byers also joined the round, as well as notable new investors, including the Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, THVC, and Breyer Capital.
We are driven to create quality real-world data in ophthalmology, neurology and urology to accelerate quality insights across the drug lifecycle and within medical practices. Additionally, we are driven to advance the quality of care and quality of life for patients. DRIVE defines our internal purpose and is the galvanizing force that helps ground us in a shared corporate culture. DRIVE is: Diversity, Responsibility, Integrity, Voice-of-Customer and End-Results. Click here to read more about our culture and values.
Our headquarters are located in San Francisco and we have additional offices in Knoxville, TN and New York City with employees working remotely in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT , VA, WA, Washington, D.C. All employees are required to have permanent residency in one of these states. Candidates who are willing to relocate are also encouraged to apply.
*We prefer this role to work Hybrid from our San Francisco office. However, we will consider remote candidates from the states listed above.*
The General Ledger (GL) Accountant is responsible for supporting payroll, accounts payable, daily accounting and month end close through booking journal entries, reviewing general ledger and preparing reconciliations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general accounting support and services including payroll, accounts payable, fixed assets, sales/use and property tax returns, and general ledger.
- Process weekly payroll and accounts payable.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Maintain, analyze and reconcile assigned general ledger accounts for accuracy
- Help prepare year-end audit schedules as required
- Interact with departments and functions company wide, such as HR, Engineering and Sales and FP&A to ensure the integrity and reliability of financial data
- Play a key role in the monthly close process including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliations of assigned accounts, research monthly variances and provide analysis of complex movements, ensuring financial transaction are properly recorded in the general ledger and accounted for in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as well as review assumptions and judgments underlying significant estimates.
- Assist with internal audit and control process including updating narratives when necessary, assist with maintaining and updating corporate accounting policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or applicable field.
- 2+ years of experience in similar role, handling payroll and accounts payable duties.
- Working knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a
- Ability to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate
- Excellent organizational, written and communication skills, including task prioritization and
effective time management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Prior payroll and accounts payable experience a plus
- Prior experience using SAAS ERP systems, Intacct a plus
- We provide health, vision, and dental coverage for employees
- For our PPO plans, Verana pays 100% of employee insurance coverage and 90% of family
- For our HDHP plans, Verana offers additional monthly $100 individual / $200 HSA contribution
- 401k Match - 3% match paid year end, up to $1000/year
- A generous parental leave policy and family building support through the Cleo Family
- Flexible vacation plans
- $700 Learning & Wellness stipend
- $25/wk in Doordash credit
- Spring Health mental health support
Please note pay ranges for major metropolitan areas may be different.