Lead Engineer - Automation Tools and DevOps
Verana Health, a digital health company that delivers quality drug lifecycle and medical practice insights from an exclusive real-world data network, recently secured a $150 million Series E led by Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC, Inc. (JJDC) and Novo Growth, the growth-stage investment arm of Novo Holdings.
Existing Verana Health investors GV (formerly Google Ventures), Casdin Capital, and Brook Byers also joined the round, as well as notable new investors, including the Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, THVC, and Breyer Capital.
We are driven to create quality real-world data in ophthalmology, neurology and urology to accelerate quality insights across the drug lifecycle and within medical practices. Additionally, we are driven to advance the quality of care and quality of life for patients. DRIVE defines our internal purpose and is the galvanizing force that helps ground us in a shared corporate culture. DRIVE is: Diversity, Responsibility, Integrity, Voice-of-Customer and End-Results. Click here to read more about our culture and values.
Our headquarters are located in San Francisco and we have additional offices in Knoxville, TN and New York City with employees working remotely in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT , VA, WA, Washington, D.C. All employees are required to have permanent residency in one of these states. Candidates who are willing to relocate are also encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Automation and Tools Lead
The Automation and Tools Lead will enable Verana Health’s software engineer teams to build, test, and promote code effectively by providing DevOps pipeline best practices and corporate guidelines for tools and automated workflow capabilities. Promote, document, and implement systems infrastructure best practices, building tools that allow the department to develop and deploy impeccable software. This position will work hand-in-hand with the front-end and back-end engineering teams in all technical operations and work to reduce or eliminate repetitive or manual tasks, improving health and performance issues . They will lead automation for data integrity, data governance and computer systems validation, partnering with cross-functional teams across the business.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities of improvement in the end-to-end release process and lead the Test Automation Framework and Tools team in developing the tools and solutions to address them.
- Develop and drive a clear vision and strategic roadmap of initiatives that improve the scalability, reliability, and efficiency of end-to-end release delivery and validation. Collaborate and Implement with product teams to strategize & align long term solutions for test automation including roadmap, tools, framework & approach.
- Analyze architecture and designs to identify test automation strategies to provide full test coverage for new and/or existing features. Identify and articulate gaps in architecture or design.
- Proficiency with DevOps tools and practices and consistent track record to align quality engineering strategy with automation efforts.
- Identify, present, and implement strategies that address future needs for technology to ensure future product roadmap is supported.
- Ensure that critical test automation and release management infrastructure meets the standards of operational excellence to support continuous validation and release processes.
- Drive the Test Automation Framework and Tools team to deliver capabilities to track and provide a platform to monitor metrics on the performance of continuous integration and delivery infrastructure
- Experience working asynchronously in a remote, distributed team
- Strong communication skills, with clear verbal communication as well as written communication skills.
- A highly empathic DevOps practitioner who can interact with Product and Engineering teams with a growth mindset.
- Collaborative style: partners well with cross-functional teams to solve hard problems and to complete complex deliverables with quality and business outcome.
- Ability to work across organizations with Product management, Product Engineering, Security, UX, Quantitative Science team and customer support.
- Solid experience in software automation, test automation, software development, product engineering, DevOps engineering, or equivalent experience with a proven ability to work in a product and engineering organization.
- An ideal candidate is someone who can demonstrate collaboration skills, show leadership potential, demonstrate a commitment to personal growth, a calm and problem-solving personality when dealing with production issues is highly preferred.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment, including balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Ideal candidate leads by example to embrace DevOps culture and mindset including culture of experimentation, collaboration, co-create, continuous improvement, and outcome over output.
- 7+ years of experience in automation, configuration, and application performance management tools
- 5+ years of experience with API automation using Soap, Rest, Postman
- 5+ years of experience in major cloud platforms (preferably AWS) in a DevOps capacity within a fast-paced and fast-evolving environment.
- 7+ years of experience in CI/CD for scalable multi-tenant SaaS products in the cloud.
- Strong understanding of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to coach and guide the team
- Experience in K8S, AWS, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Java, GitHub, kafka, Open-Source working experience is highly preferred
- We provide health, vision, and dental coverage for employees
- Verana pays 100% of employee insurance coverage and 70% of family
- Plus an additional monthly $100 individual / $200 HSA contribution with HDHP
- Spring Health mental health support
- Flexible vacation plans
- A generous parental leave policy and family building support through the Carrot app
- $500 learning and development budget
- $25/wk in Doordash credit
- Headspace meditation app - unlimited access
- Gympass - 3 free live classes per week + monthly discounts for gyms like Soulcycle
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Verana, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Please note pay ranges for major metropolitan areas may be different.