Account Manager, Commercial Services and Operations
Verana Health, a digital health company that delivers quality drug lifecycle and medical practice insights from an exclusive real-world data network, recently secured a $150 million Series E led by Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC, Inc. (JJDC) and Novo Growth, the growth-stage investment arm of Novo Holdings.
Existing Verana Health investors GV (formerly Google Ventures), Casdin Capital, and Brook Byers also joined the round, as well as notable new investors, including the Merck Global Health Innovation Fund, THVC, and Breyer Capital.
We are driven to create quality real-world data in ophthalmology, neurology and urology to accelerate quality insights across the drug lifecycle and within medical practices. Additionally, we are driven to advance the quality of care and quality of life for patients. DRIVE defines our internal purpose and is the galvanizing force that helps ground us in a shared corporate culture. DRIVE is: Diversity, Responsibility, Integrity, Voice-of-Customer and End-Results. Click here to read more about our culture and values.
Our headquarters are located in San Francisco and we have additional offices in Knoxville, TN and New York City with employees working remotely in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT , VA, WA, WI. All employees are required to have permanent residency in one of these states. Candidates who are willing to relocate are also encouraged to apply.
As the account manager for the commercial services and operations team, you will work on building irreplaceable relationships with customers to enable the smooth and efficient running of their experience on a daily basis. This role requires a sharp analytical mind, client management and organizational skills, resourcefulness, and a passion for addressing challenging problems with commercial customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop relationships with customers; retain and exceed customer expectations.
- Lead annual renewal process and targeted relationship-based upsell efforts
- Understand how customers interact with Verana Health products and identify their needs, challenges and ideas
- Design, implement and document strategies to drive customer engagement
- This is a highly cross-functional role, focused on working with customers as well as other internal teams, including Commercial Services, Quantitative Sciences, Product, Sales and Finance
- Ultimately, the Account Managers are responsible for advocating for customers and working to ensure customer retention and satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Public Relations or similar field.
- 5-7 years of experience in healthcare consulting or account management roles.
- 2+ years of experience in a Real World Evidence/Data
- You're a data driven problem solver who excels in written and verbal communication, relationship-building, prioritization, and project management
- You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day.
- You have the ability to solve problems in a resourceful and data-driven manner while working in a fast-paced, demanding start-up environment
- You have the ability to effectively identify what's important and effectively prioritize competing projects
- You have excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Expert in influencing internal and external stakeholders to quickly solve problems and deliver results
Within commutable distance from our NYC Office (Hybrid 2 Days in office)
Travel Expectations: Monthly customer visits.
- We provide health, vision, and dental coverage for employees
- Verana pays 100% of employee insurance coverage and 70% of family
- Plus an additional monthly $100 individual / $200 HSA contribution with HDHP
- Spring Health mental health support
- Flexible vacation plans
- A generous parental leave policy and family building support through the Carrot app
- $500 learning and development budget
- $25/wk in Doordash credit
- Headspace meditation app - unlimited access
- Gympass - 3 free live classes per week + monthly discounts for gyms like Soulcycle
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Verana, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Please note pay ranges for major metropolitan areas may be different.