At UpStream, we are dedicated to promoting good health and empowering individuals to lead independent lives. As a trusted partner to primary care physicians, we offer effective and sustainable care options, focusing on seniors and those with chronic conditions. Our comprehensive solution allows physicians to prioritize patient care while our value-based care model ensures effective condition management.
We prioritize affordability and accessibility, collaborating with healthcare practices and clinics to reduce costs and enhance system efficiency. Through personalized care plans and innovative solutions, we strive to improve health outcomes and enable patients to live fulfilling, independent lives.
How you'll help
At UpStream, our Pharmacy Couriers are responsible for delivery and pick-up of patient orders for medications, supplies and equipment in a safe, accurate, courteous, effective, and timely manner. In addition, responsible for designated activities related to miscellaneous pharmacy duties as required which may include cleaning and maintenance of vehicle, and general pharmacy duties.Primary Responsibilities:
- Handle medication / supply deliveries for the Pharmacy to cover the service areas.
- Accepts add-on deliveries required to meet business needs
- Clean and inspect company vehicle to ensure proper presentation and cleanliness when arriving at the patients' homes. Performs daily vehicle inspection and maintains vehicle in clean and proper working order per organization policy and procedure. Informs supervisor of any mechanical problems
- Coordinate paperwork and payment details with the patients
- Communicate with the Branch or Pharmacy Manager / Pharmacy Lead regarding all patient questions and / or issues; prepare driver's notes as needed
- Provide backup pharmacy functions when required (e.g. emptying trash, managing routes).
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the geographic area and be able to assess the best routes according to the delivery schedule
- Adhere to all HIPAA and confidentiality codes of ethics
- Perform pick - up of returned medication, completes appropriate paperwork for returned patient meds
- Perform various pharmacy duties such picking and packing orders and general organization and cleaning in accordance with established procedures
- Valid Driver's license and Valid Insurance
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time
- Ability to drive during inclement weather
- Ability to drive at night
- Ability to work variable hours between 9am - 9pm Monday - Friday. (A typical work week will consist of working 30-40 hours a week unless hired for Part Time)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you may be required to screen for COVID-19 symptoms In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Greensboro, NC (Required)
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the main site (UpStream vehicle used for deliveries)
- Unencumbered NC Driver (Required)
- Defensive driving course (Preferred)
At UpStream we offer a range of benefits to ensure our employees are taken care of. Our health insurance plans through United Health Care include FSA and HSA options, and we also offer dental, vision, life, and accident coverage through Guardian. We immediately match contributions to our 401k plan, which includes both Roth and Traditional options. In addition, we provide financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub, and free access to EAP services through WorkLifeMatters. Our employees also enjoy generous PTO and paid holidays.
We value diversity and promote equal opportunities for all. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate against applicants based on their race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.