Health Concierge Performance and Education Specialist
At UpStream, we are dedicated to promoting good health and empowering individuals to lead independent lives. As a trusted partner to primary care physicians, we offer effective and sustainable care options, focusing on seniors and those with chronic conditions. Our comprehensive solution allows physicians to prioritize patient care while our value-based care model ensures effective condition management.
We prioritize affordability and accessibility, collaborating with healthcare practices and clinics to reduce costs and enhance system efficiency. Through personalized care plans and innovative solutions, we strive to improve health outcomes and enable patients to live fulfilling, independent lives.
How you’ll help
As a key member of the training team, the Health Concierge Performance and Education Specialist is instrumental to the success of our new and existing employees. Serving as the initial process, skill and knowledge-based trainer, in this role you will work with new employees to develop their role readiness by facilitating virtual learning sessions, creating an open and supportive learning environment, and providing clear and valuable feedback to new employees.
Being responsible for the employee experience for new and existing employees, you must possess a welcoming and encouraging work style. Understanding that individuals learn at different paces and through different approaches our Health Concierge Performance and Education Specialist seeks out training methods that meets multiple learning styles.
What you’ll do
To stay connected to patient care, operational processes ad current employee capabilities, the Health Concierge Performance and Education Specialist may work with existing teams to provide ongoing training and support to existing employees. This responsibility may vary in scope based on demand for new-employee training and patient needs.
Cross functional collaboration and communication is required and an important element of the Health Concierge Performance and Education specialist. They will work with managers to assess training, mentoring and quality needs.
Like all UpStream employees, the Health Concierge Performance and Education Specialist contributes directly to UpStream’s culture and affects employee morale. They foster a patient-centric mindset and help UpStream teams display emotional intelligence, focus on clinical excellent and achieve operational efficiency.
New Hire Training (65% of time):
- Responsible for the facilitation of Core Curriculum and Health Concierge Role Specific training. All new hire training is completed virtually and will include new hires working with various practice groups in different regions.
- Responsible for the coordination of training activities. Tasks related to this include:
- Ownership of the monthly training agenda
- Coordinating virtual training calendar invites monthly.
- Preparing and updating training materials, including the training presentation, the Health Concierge Workflow document, Mock Patients for training
- Coordinating guest speakers
- Coordinating with hiring managers regarding new Health Concierge shadowing experiences
- Evaluating the progress of the new hire and communicating feedback to both the new hire and the hiring managers during team transitions.
- Collaborates with Clinical Operations, Practice Operations, Clinical Performance and Education, and the People Team to assess adaptations and improvements to the training content.
- Collaborates with clinical team member managers and leaders to coordinate live mentoring and shadowing sessions.
Ongoing Training & Team Support (15%)
- Collaborates with Clinical Operations, Practice Operations, and Clinical Performance and Education to enhance training and care capabilities
- Provides back-up mentoring and coaching for managers when employees are struggling with a current skill or task
- Serves as a floater Health Concierge to directly support patient care and fill care gaps when time and needs present
Cross-Functional Collaboration & Project Support (20%):
- Coordinates with members of the Clinical Operations teams to assist in managing case study, meeting coordination, and special projects.
- Serves as HC SME on special projects and meetings
- Collaborates with senior clinical pharmacists on upkeep of the HC Workflow document
- Build strong stakeholder relationships with managers and leaders
- Co-create a culture that motivates employees to stay connected to and focused on patient outcomes
Experience and skills you’ll need
- Medical Assistant certification or Licensed Practical Nurse – Required
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred
- 1 + year of experience in family medicine, internal medicine or as an UpStream employee (or any combination of the aforementioned)
- 1+ year of experience with chronic medical conditions, medical terminology and documentation standards
- Basic math skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- If internal to UpStream- consistent and validated high performance in current role.
- Knowledgeable in UpStream’s clinical model, Health Concierge workflows, motivational interviewing techniques, patient triage and chronic care management
- Experience in adult learning strategies is preferred.
- Ability to speak to the responsibilities of all clinical roles on the care team including the health concierge, clinical pharmacist, coordinating registered nurse, and ETOC nurse.
- Ability to communicate process, skills, and knowledge clearly and effectively.
- Desire and ability to quickly learn new processes and role tasks.
- Knowledgeable at facilitating online and classroom learning.
- Capable of collaborating with employees and working independently to accomplish assignments and goals.
- Builds and maintains trusting relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with building PowerPoint presentations
- Strong technology skills, knowledgeable of Microsoft 365 products and able to manage multiple monitors with content at one time.
- Empathetic and active listener.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal) with a willingness to develop strong relationships.
Location/working arrangements – Remote with occasional travel to Greensboro, NC as needed (~25%)
At UpStream we offer a range of benefits to ensure our employees are taken care of. Our health insurance plans through United Health Care include FSA and HSA options, and we also offer dental, vision, life, and accident coverage through Guardian. We immediately match contributions to our 401k plan, which includes both Roth and Traditional options. In addition, we provide financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub, and free access to EAP services through WorkLifeMatters. Our employees also enjoy generous PTO and paid holidays.
We value diversity and promote equal opportunities for all. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate against applicants based on their race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.