Health Concierge (RMA/CMA/LPN)
At UpStream, we are dedicated to promoting good health and empowering individuals to lead independent lives. As a trusted partner to primary care physicians, we offer effective and sustainable care options, focusing on seniors and those with chronic conditions. Our comprehensive solution allows physicians to prioritize patient care while our value-based care model ensures effective condition management.
We prioritize affordability and accessibility, collaborating with healthcare practices and clinics to reduce costs and enhance system efficiency. Through personalized care plans and innovative solutions, we strive to improve health outcomes and enable patients to live fulfilling, independent lives.
How you’ll help
This is not your typical healthcare position. If you are looking for an opportunity to expand the way you care for patients and join a team of proactive providers, this may be just the job for you. We are a growing company and are excited to invite caring, detailed, and patient-centric healthcare professionals to join our clinical teams. The Health Concierge will work closely with a Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner and Coordinating Registered Nurse to care for our patients.
As a Health Concierge, you will serve as a patient advocate and be a liaison to help manage and improve patient outcomes. An ideal candidate is a critical-thinker who is highly organized, patient-centric, and self-driven. Our Health Concierges are on the phone with patients throughout the day. They know how to build relationships by asking thoughtful questions and utilizing effective listening skills. They are responsible for clearly documenting patient interactions within Electronic Medical Record Systems (EMR) and company documents, so strong interpersonal, computer, and communication skills are needed.
This position requires confidentiality, discretion, and exceptional customer service.
What you’ll do
- Maintenance of therapeutic goal records for chronic care patients
- Prepare provider summaries for the PharmD to review prior to the patient’s appointment
- Call patients for appointment reminders and follow-up assessments
- Documentation of intervention and care plan within the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software
- Prepare full prescriber list for each patient
- Record patient's primary and secondary pharmacy insurance
- Assessment of potential coupon, voucher or other discounts available to the patient for medications
- Coordinate medication alignment as instructed by pharmacist as well as preparation of dispensing history
- Monitoring for and notification of emergent or new prescriptions
- Management of patient relationship in collaboration with clinical team, including frequent telephone interaction with patients
- Other associated tasks that may arise from time to time at the instruction of the Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner
Experience and skills you’ll need
- Active Clinical Certification such as Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is required. Proof of active certification/licensure required upon hire.
- Basic medical terminology
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and connect with patients
- Must be able to work independently and interdependently within a team
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience in primary care or other clinically related field
- Must be self-motivated and willing to adapt to changing processes
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software experience – multiple preferred
- Comfortable using Microsoft 365, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- High school diploma or equivalent
You must reside in Virginia to be considered.
What to expect
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8am - 5 pm
- Remote role with potential for travel within market
- Work from home equipment provided
At UpStream we offer a range of benefits to ensure our employees are taken care of. Our health insurance plans through United Health Care include FSA and HSA options, and we also offer dental, vision, life, and accident coverage through Guardian. We immediately match contributions to our 401k plan, which includes both Roth and Traditional options. In addition, we provide financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub, and free access to EAP services through WorkLifeMatters. Our employees also enjoy generous PTO and paid holidays.
We value diversity and promote equal opportunities for all. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate against applicants based on their race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.