Senior Policy Manager, Regulatory Affairs
About the Role:
The Senior Policy Manager, Regulatory Affairs will work on the team of the Director of Regulatory Affairs to assess regulatory changes at the federal and state levels, identify how Unite Us can help government agencies and their partners to implement these regulations, and advocate for policy that promotes whole-person health and social care. The Senior Policy Manager will play a critical role in identifying proposed and final regulations impacting screening for and delivery of services related to Social Determinants of Health (SDoH), articulating how Unite Us products can support impacted organizations, and developing and executing external strategies to promote holistic well-being.
As Senior Policy Manager you will help us uncover and develop opportunities in the SDOH space. The primary mandate of this role will be to work closely with Unite Us’ Director of Regulatory Affairs to monitor federal and state policy trends, analyze opportunities to influence and support government programs and objectives, and develop a strategy to expand the impact of Unite Us across the country.
As part of your focus on Regulatory Affairs, you will help Unite Us and our partners to understand continually evolving policies related to identifying and addressing SDoH, including through healthcare quality and payment flexibilities. You will work closely with other members of the Regulatory and Government Affairs team to support local regulatory analysis and advocacy. You will also work across departments internally and with key external partners to translate policy and regulatory trends into concrete ways Unite Us can support current and prospective customers.
What You'll Do:
- Develop strategies for Unite Us to support cross-sector partners in meeting evolving state and federal regulatory requirements related to SDoH
- Work with colleagues internally to ensure shared understanding of federal and state regulatory environments and how Unite Us tools can address associated referral, payment, tracking, and other needs
- Develop and maintain advocacy language in support of addressing SDoH across settings, to be used in comments on proposed federal and state regulations
- Analyze, track and summarize proposed federal and state regulations related to SDoH
- Support efforts to establish Unite Us as a thought leader within the health and social care sector, present on current topics related to SDoH to Unite Us’ customers and prospects, and contribute to white papers and content that enhance public dialogue on SDoH and health system transformation
You’re a great fit for this role if you have:
- At least eight years of work experience in a related field and industry, including experience working directly with government agencies
- A strong background in federal and state regulatory analysis as well as public policy, the healthcare industry, and/or a related field
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including for both internal and external audiences
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and consistently meet deadlines
- The ability to function well in a fast-paced, team-focused environment where you need to build consensus across departments
- Experience with tracking and summarizing regulatory, programmatic and/or funding opportunities at state and federal levels
- Bachelors; higher degree in public policy or a related field strongly preferred
The Unite Us Story:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they saw barriers and inefficiencies among their veteran community in trying to navigate the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for everyone in need through technology that connects people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position is remote, U.S. based
- This position may require 10% travel
- The target pay range for this role is: $120,000 - $130,000. This salary range represents our national target range for this role. Some geographic areas may have higher target ranges.
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.