SVP Marketing & Communications
Job Title: SVP Marketing & Communications
About the Role
As a member of our Leadership Team, you’ll directly influence the success of the company by providing thought partnership to drive strategy, business planning, priority-setting, and decision-making while directing a fully-integrated marketing and communications team. As Senior Vice President of Marketing you’ll report directly to our Co-founder and President. Your primary focus will be enhancing the company’s market positioning and brand awareness. You’ll be able to leverage our impressive growth to date to improve customer engagement, platform usage, customer lifecycle, product marketing, demand-generation and revenue growth. As such, you’ll expand the Unite Us footprint and further define the go-to market strategy and execution, both short and long term.
What You'll Do
- Design and execute a strategic plan to build brand awareness, customer loyalty, strengthen community and stakeholder relationships, and ensure all communication activities are cohesive and consistent with Unite Us business goals
- Lead, invest in, and build a team of approximately 20 teammates (2 Direct Reports), comprised of existing teammates and positions to be recruited for in support of this work
- Create and implement forward-thinking, organization-wide communications and messaging externally
- Deliver key messages, through marketing material and campaigns, to the target persona(s), identify strengths, and provide targeted coaching and feedback for your team to design future plans
- Establish product vision and roadmap documents to understand the key technical differentiation of our product versus the competition
- Develop compelling messaging to diverse audiences, including healthcare, insurance, community-based organizations, media, businesses, government and policymakers
You’re a great fit for this role
- At least 10 years experience driving strategy and execution in a Marketing Leadership role
- Proven ability to understand an operating environment, and can think about the organization-as-a-whole in a rapidly growing and scaling organization
- History of a strong partnership with C-Level executives, board members, and other senior leadership
- A reputation as a strong people manager with a track record of leading teams through organizational change
- Proven ability to structure, attract, develop, and retain a diverse, cohesive, goal-oriented, and successful team
Relationship Building and Collaboration
- Ability to listen deeply, cultivate connections, break down silos, foster collaboration across the organization, and build relationships with external stakeholders to establish credibility and trust with diverse groups
- Lead by example; you are a results-oriented, agile, and resilient teammate who projects confidence and steadiness, learns from experience, and holds oneself and others accountable for achieving goals
- Effective communicator who is interpersonally savvy, effective, and persuasive
Strategic Communications & Marketing Visioning, Implementation, and Expertise
- Track record of driving successful initiatives nationally - focused on mission, impact, brand identity, and stakeholder audiences
- Strategy focused on getting products out the door and a strong comfort level with technology
- Experience communicating to diverse audiences through a variety of mediums and outlets
- Familiarity with legal and policy advocacy communications is a plus
Unite Us’ mission is to unlock the potential of every community. Our co-founders started Unite Us in 2013 to serve the people they served with. They witnessed firsthand the barriers and inefficiencies in trying to navigate health and social services, and set out to improve that experience for veterans and their families. Unite Us quickly expanded to serving all people who need connections to care across our country. Through Unite Us’ national network and software, community-based organizations, government agencies, and healthcare organizations are all connected to better collaborate to meet the needs of the individuals in their communities. We drive the collaboration to predict, deliver, and pay for services that impact whole-person health. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us..
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position is remote, U.S. based
- The target pay range for this role is: $250,000-$280,000. This salary range represents our national target range for this role. Some geographic areas may have higher target ranges.
- This position may require 10% travel
- All team members will be required to pass a background check which includes criminal, employment, and education verification
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.