Social Worker (LCSW) Remote/Contract
Social Worker (LCSW) Remote
Contract/1099: Approx. 15 Hours
Here at MedArrive, our mission is to improve people’s lives by bringing more to humanity to healthcare. Access to healthcare is more important than ever, but telehealth can’t do it all. MedArrive brings an end-to-end platform connecting health plans, healthcare, providers, field providers, and patients to bring hands-on care to the home.
About the MedArrive Social Worker Role:
Our Social Workers play a vital role at MedArrive and this is an ideal position for the individual who has passion, devotion, and desire to impact the lives of the patients and families in our community. We are looking for a passionate and experienced Licensed Clinical Social Worker to partner with our Field Operation teams as we expand our services in Arizona.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Responsible for completing an assessment for patients post-hospitalization related to mental illness
- Educate patients and caregivers on support resources related to mental illness
- Maintain timely patient medical records and documentation consistent with state regulations and MedArrive standards
Participate in continuing education as required by the state in which you are licensed
- Other related duties as deemed necessary
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Active Arizona licensure
- Active Arizona Medicaid ID
- 3 - 5 years of experience providing social work/case management services
- Experience and proficiency working with an Electronic Medical Record system
- Ability to communicate and interact with Senior Leadership and external executive audiences
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills to ensure that each of your interactions with patients, families, and team members is effective and meaningful
Skills & Abilities:
- Energy and enthusiasm consistent with working for a startup; ability to self-teach in order to problem solve, takes initiative
- Demonstrated understanding of community resources in Arizona
- Successful at patient engagement and utilizing motivational interviewing techniques
- Successful track record of establishing credibility and trust with a diverse patient population
- Strong critical thinking, creative problem solving, judgment, and client management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Strong organizational skills; ability to remain organized and productive in a fast-paced work environment with competing priorities
More about us
MedArrive exists to expand access to care, drive efficiency, and reduce healthcare expenses. We enable healthcare payers and providers to seamlessly extend care services into the home, unlocking access to high-quality healthcare for more people at a fraction of the cost.
Our logistics and care management platform allows providers and payers to bridge the virtual care gap, integrating physician-led telemedicine with in-person care from EMS professionals, Nurses, Community Health Workers, Phlebotomists, and more. As a result, patients can access trusted medical expertise from their homes' comfort and safety without interruption to the continuity of care, ultimately resulting in better patient outcomes, a better-utilized healthcare workforce, and significant cost savings for patients and providers alike.
MedArrive has more than 50k highly-skilled "Field Providers'' including EMS professionals in its national network, and services span dozens of clinical use cases, including complex condition monitoring, transitional care and readmission prevention, vaccinations and immunizations, medication administration and much more.
MedArrive is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.