Senior Data Engineer
MedArrive is a fast-paced and fast-growing start up on a simple mission: Improving people's lives by bringing more humanity to healthcare. Our enemy is an often soulless, transactional healthcare system that’s increasingly engineering the vital human touch away from the experience - and often hard to access.
We are looking for a seasoned data engineer to be a part of building a data-driven product and service culture at MedArrive.
As a Senior Data Engineer on the MedArrive Data Science & Machine Learning team, you will be an integral part of building out the Data and Intelligence substrate that powers our platform from the ground up. You will work with amazing colleagues, brainstorm new ideas, and develop data processing techniques, pipelines, models, algorithms and visualizations to solve challenging problems and communicate insights that have a substantial impact.
What you'll do:
- Design and build scalable and efficient data pipelines and ensure end to end orchestration (from data acquisition to analytics) in MedArrive’s AWS/Databricks based data platform. Support pipeline modalities including unified batch, streaming, and API.
- Expand and integrate the MedArrive Intelligence Layer with application system wide event architecture and point to point API for real-time data.
- Enhance the data platform infrastructure, supporting IaC CI/CD, and ML Ops with Terraform on AWS and Databricks.
- Contribute to design and implementation of conceptual, physical, and logical data models based on understanding of MedArrive business processes, systems, data flows, dependencies, and relationships.
- Continuously learn and master new technologies and methods and creatively apply to real world problems.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a Data Engineering or Analytical Engineering role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics (or related technical field)
- Demonstrated ability to apply software development skills for data acquisition, data standardization, enrichment and monitoring
- Proficiency with Python and/or Scala programming languages
- Proficiency with data engineering frameworks & tools (e.g. Apache Spark/Pyspark, SQL, Hive, Snowflake, DBT)
- Working experience supporting data pipelines on cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience building data pipelines with Spark on Databricks
- Experience supporting real time, streaming data sources
- Understanding of healthcare data domains and workflows (e.g. Claims, Clinical, HL7)
- Experience configuring orchestration frameworks (e.g. Databricks, Airflow, Dagster, etc.)
- Experience with IaS CI/CD using Terraform on AWS
More about us
MedArrive exists to expand access to care, drive efficiency, and reduce healthcare expenses. We enable healthcare payers and providers to seamlessly extend care services into the home, unlocking access to high-quality healthcare for more people at a fraction of the cost.
Our logistics and care management platform allows providers and payers to bridge the virtual care gap, integrating physician-led telemedicine with in-person care from EMS professionals, Nurses, Community Health Workers, Phlebotomists, and more. As a result, patients can access trusted medical expertise from their homes' comfort and safety without interruption to the continuity of care, ultimately resulting in better patient outcomes, a better-utilized healthcare workforce, and significant cost savings for patients and providers alike.
MedArrive has more than 50k highly-skilled "Field Providers'' including EMS professionals in its national network, and services span dozens of clinical use cases, including complex condition monitoring, transitional care and readmission prevention, vaccinations and immunizations, medication administration and much more.
MedArrive is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
For candidates living in Colorado and/or New York, the expected total compensation (includes base salary, bonus and equity) is $140,000 - $220,000 range , depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience, and geographic location.
Something looks off?