Social Worker/Lead Care Manager (LCSW)
Here at MedArrive, our mission is to improve people’s lives by bringing more humanity to healthcare. Access to healthcare is more important than ever, but telehealth can’t do it all. MedArrive brings an end-to-end platform connecting health plans, healthcare, providers, field providers, and patients to bring hands-on care to the home.
About the MedArrive Social Worker Role:
Our Social Workers play a vital role at MedArrive and this is an ideal position for the individual who has passion, devotion, and desire to impact the lives of the patients and families in our community. We are looking for passionate and experienced licensed Social Workers to bring care into our patient homes in Alameda County.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Responsible for an assigned patient panel by assessing and addressing social determinant needs for patients, in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
- Leads the provision of Enhanced Care Management (ECM) services and implementation of the Health Action Plan (HAP)
- Leads the engagement efforts of eligible ECM members, accompany members to office visits, encourage health promotion and self-management, arrange transportation, assist with linkage to social supports, distribute health promotion materials, serve as an advocate on behalf of the member with health care professionals, and monitor treatment adherence
- Offer services where the ECM member lives or seeks care, and identify, prioritize and address clinical and social needs that contribute to the Patient’s unnecessary hospital utilization and risk of long-term care placement
- Educate patients and families to support improvement in health literacy
- Research and identify community resources to connect patients with organizations to help with housing, food insecurity, employment, childcare, etc.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Managed Medicaid provider to help connect patients with social and medical care and to encourage follow-up with their PCP, chronic care Provider, and mental health treatment
- Incorporate feedback from daily operations to improve assigned patient panel outcomes as well as the initial program model
- Maintain timely patient medical records and documentation consistent with State regulations and MedArrive standards
- Participate in continuing education as required by the state in which you are licensed
- Other related duties as deemed necessary
- Licensed Clinical of Social Work (LCSW)
- Experience providing social work/case management services
- Reliable Vehicle
- Experience and proficiency working with an Electronic Medical Record system
- Ability to communicate, interact, and collaborate with external health plans in a professional manner
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills to ensure that each of your interactions with patients, families, and team members is effective and meaningful
- Experience in Clinical Social Work, Psychology, Public Health
- Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese culture experience preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Energy and enthusiasm consistent with working for a startup; ability to self-teach in order to problem solve, takes initiative
- Demonstrated understanding of community resources in California, with a particular focus on Alameda
- Successful at patient engagement and utilizing motivational interviewing techniques
- Successful track record of establishing credibility and trust with a diverse patient population
- Strong critical thinking, creative problem solving, judgment, and client management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Strong organizational skills; ability to remain organized and productive in a fast-paced work environment with competing priorities
*At MedArrive we believe in the value of diverse experiences. If you think you meet some of the qualifications, but don't necessarily check every box in the job description, we encourage you to still apply. Your experience matters.
**At MedArrive we take multiple data points into consideration when calculating our opening base salary offers. While every effort is made to extend an equitable offer the first time, every time, we know that as humans we have the potential to fall short. Studies show that women and underrepresented people are less likely to negotiate their compensation. We encourage all applicants to feel comfortable articulating their unique value during salary negotiating conversations, every time.
MedArrive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Such action shall include, but is not limited to employment upgrading, demotion or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of payment and other forms of compensation and career development opportunities; and selection for training including apprenticeship.
The expected base pay range is $80,000-$90,000 annually depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience, and geographic location.
Something looks off?