Certified Pharmacy Technician
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is the leading health and wellness platform, on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We are revolutionizing telehealth for providers and their patients alike. Making personalized solutions accessible is of paramount importance to Hims & Hers and we are focused on continued innovation in this space. Hims & Hers offers nonprescription products and access to highly personalized prescription solutions for a variety of conditions related to mental health, sexual health, hair care, skincare, heart health, and more.
Hims & Hers is a public company, traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about the brand and offerings, you can visit hims.com and forhers.com, or visit our investor site. For information on the company’s outstanding benefits, culture, and its talent-first flexible/remote work approach, see below and visit www.hims.com/careers-professionals.
THIS IS AN ON SITE ROLE IN GILBERT, AZ
About the Role:
We are looking for dependable Certified Pharmacy Technicians who will process and fill prescriptions. You will undertake other tasks under the direction of a pharmacist to provide excellent customer service and ensure the pharmacy runs smoothly. As a pharmacy technician you must be detail-oriented and reliable since the job has high responsibility. You must possess excellent communication skills as well as an aptitude in using computers.
We are currently prioritizing hiring for the following shifts. If the shifts listed below do not align with your preferences, we would still love for you to apply! Our pharmacy technician teams are growing and we are constantly adding shifts. When submitting your application, please select the shift(s) that you are interested in and the recruiting team will reach out when that shift opens up.
- Wednesday - Saturday Days 6:30a - 5:00p 4x10
- Thursday Sunday Days 6:30a - 5:30p 4x10
- Manage pharmacy inventory
- Prepare, fill, and label orders and dispense medications under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist (pull prepackaged medication or obtains stock containers)
- Prepackage oral, and external medications using various packaging and labeling equipment
- Pick up/receives physician orders and review for completeness; determine availability of drug formularies; obtain patient information on prescriptions and maintain the Pharmacy Patient Medication Profiles
- Interpret physician’s directions and type prescription labels
- Order medication and pharmaceutical supplies under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist
- Receive and verify delivered orders; restock medication shelves and supply bins; rotate and remove outdated drugs; maintain a clean working environment including Pharmacy equipment and work counters; maintain stock records
- Ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Ability to move boxes weighing up to 20 pounds across the pharmacy for various needs
- Required current registration as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of Arizona
- Strong communication skills and can work independently
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision
Conditions of Employment:
- This position will require working with Hazardous Drugs (HD) and would require that Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) be worn for the length of working with these drugs. These items would include gloves, respiratory protection, gown and other items as required.
- This position requires medical approval to wear respiratory protection in the form of negative or positive pressure respirators, including N95, full face respirator, SCBA, or Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
- Physical exertion required. Including, but not limited to, walking up to 50% of the time, standing up to 100% of the time, squatting and bending up to 20% of the time and lifting up to 80% of the time for up to a twelve hour shift. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Due to the risk of reproductive capability in handling or compounding certain Hazardous Drugs (HD) associates must be willing to confirm that they understand the potential risks (teratogenicity, carcinogenicity and reproductive effects) of handling hazardous drugs.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.