Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is the leading health and wellness platform, on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We are revolutionizing telehealth for providers and their patients alike. Making personalized solutions accessible is of paramount importance to Hims & Hers and we are focused on continued innovation in this space. Hims & Hers offers nonprescription products and access to highly personalized prescription solutions for a variety of conditions related to mental health, sexual health, hair care, skincare, heart health, and more.
Hims & Hers is a public company, traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about the brand and offerings, you can visit hims.com and forhers.com, or visit our investor site. For information on the company’s outstanding benefits, culture, and its talent-first flexible/remote work approach, see below and visit www.hims.com/careers-professionals.
About the Role:
Hims & Hers is looking for a full-time blog editor who is nimble, collaborative, and passionate about helping people find credible and authoritative knowledge to help them feel better. This editor will guide the creative work for two of the following four categories: hair care, mental health, sex, and weight management.
You’re up to the challenge of impressing readers while also knowing how to dance with Google’s web crawlers. Your editing is strategic and tactful, and you really care about making sure every reader feels taken care of. You also understand how keywords are used and why digital marketers are so obsessed with them. You want every article to succeed and you’re obsessed with optimizations to achieve SEO goals.
You’re adept at keeping up with hard deadlines, making pivots on the fly and are as committed as we (and our writers) are to taking sometimes complex topics and distilling them into simple, easy-to-understand narratives. People are looking for answers to often uncomfortable questions, and we want to make them feel like they can get solid, credible information from us, with no judgment.
These articles will be most peoples’ first touchpoint with the brand, so smart, accessible and engaging content is key to starting that journey on the right foot.
- Edit compelling, accessible, authoritative content across the Hims & Hers blogs consistent with content briefs and medical research packets provided for each assignment by our in-house editorial and SEO teams.
- Ensure that articles include a mix of footnotes and reference lists, and follow a comprehensive SEO report (Experience with Frase, Clearscope, Ahrefs, etc. heavily preferred).
- Always be looking for ways to improve our editorial workflow to achieve targets.
- Be the advocate for brand tone and use our guidelines to inform editing from a high level.
- Always put the reader first: edit for the customer. What do they need to know to feel better? How can we provide them with rock-solid information that will enable them to trust us as a brand? What unique value can Hims provide that other publishers cannot? Whenever possible, we strive for a unique perspective.
- Revise work as necessary based on feedback from editorial, SEO, and medical reviewers.
- Identify new opportunities for existing content to improve SEO performance.
- 7+ years of editorial experience, preferably for both brands and publishers, preference for publishers with a strong SEO strategy.
- Excellent time management and ability to meet weekly deadlines.
- Proven track record editing excellent content about complex topics.
- Strong creative, conversational editing style with a passion for good authorial voice.
- Experience using insights and strategic thinking to shape priorities.
- Experience driving complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to Have:
- Experience writing or editing in the medical or wellness space is strongly preferred
- Genuine passion for and interest in hair, sex, mental health, and/or weight management — from products to techniques and everything in between.
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.