Sr. Software Engineer, Backend
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the job:
Hims & Hers is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Store Backend Platform team to help build a fast, reliable, and frictionless telemedicine experience. The role will focus mainly within our ecommerce and order management platforms in areas such as product, product catalog, subscriptions, pricing, and payments, building scalable solutions that grow with the company.
- Design and build backend services that power our telehealth and ecommerce platforms
- Collaborate with product managers, principal engineers and your team to guide decisions
- Provide leadership and guidance to internal team members on the implementation of architecture and designs
- Collaborate, lead and deliver cross-domain integration solutions with techniques such as REST and asynchronous design patterns
- Own feature delivery from solution design to production operation
- Implement observability, monitoring and alerting solutions
- Contribute to operational excellence through on-call responsibilities which include issue resolution, root-cause analysis and code improvements to reduce toil
- Coach and mentor team members, including constructive feedback for code and design reviews
- Actively participate in retrospectives and help drive continuous improvement in our architecture, agile process and team culture
- Cross functional team collaboration and communication including product and engineering leadership
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer including languages such as Java and Kotlin
- 3+ years of experience with back end distributed system design, development and delivery, preferably in an eCommerce environment
- 3+ years of experience with microservice architectures
- Experience with Domain Driven Design
- Experience with design, development, delivery and management of microservices hosted on Kubernetes and AWS
- Experience with agile software development and delivery methodologies
- Proficiency with continuous integration/delivery including automated unit and integration test strategies
- Proficiency with Relational Databases, PostgreSQL preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.