Manager, Workplace Health & Safety
Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the Role:
The Workplace, Health and Safety (WHS) Manager role is directly responsible for implementing and maintaining the WHS Management System for the Fulfillment Center. (FC) The WHS Manager is responsible for working with site leadership to develop a robust safety culture, which engages all associates.
- Interprets, implements, and drives WHS policies, programs, guidelines, and training with direction from the Director, WHS, assisting in customization of policies and procedures and providing recommended changes, as necessary
- Drives Associate safety engagement expectations for the site with a focus on continuous safety improvement.
- Leads site efforts to support the WHS vision focused on world class workplace safety
- Partners with the site General Manager (GM) to hold site leadership accountable for workplace safety including but not limited to incident reporting, leading indicators, and adhering to general safety expectations communicated through training, auditing, or other equivalent methods
- Develops monthly safety progress metrics for trending and identifying areas of opportunities
- Works closely with the FC leadership team to develop quarterly safety plans and initiatives
- Collaborates with site leadership to develop safety recognition programs with a focus on Associate engagement
- Demonstrates an ability to influence change across the Fulfillment Center (FC)
- Ensure all security protocols are in place at the site
- Maintain OSHA 300 logs
- Coordinate respiratory fit testing and medical evaluations annually.
- Partners with Project Managers and Facilities to ensure regulatory compliance and safety design is incorporated into equipment, process and building projects. Ensures workplace safety and health practices are incorporated with all construction, installation, and remediation site projects.
- Manages the site Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics programs
- Manages regulated waste program
- Liaison for all site regulatory agency inquiries (OSHA, EPA, FDA or state equivalent)
- Responds to regulatory inspections, working directly with agency personnel. Partners with the Director WHS and company Legal to develop responses to investigations, agency requests and proposed citations
- Manages the overall site regulated waste program for compliance purposes
- Manages on-site contract security
- Works with on-site pharmacy and lab teams to ensure compliance to OSHA 1450 and USP
- Responsible for managing the overall site regulatory compliance program
- Responsible for Workers Compensation at the FC.
- BS/BA degree in safety or related field
- 5+ Experience leading WHS for large Fulfillment Centers
- Experience working with US Pharmacopeia (USP) reference standards
- Experience with implementing safety in a lab/compounding environment (preferred)
- Proficient at Google doc, Google slides, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
Conditions of Employment:
- This position will require working with Hazardous Drugs (HD) and would require that Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) be worn for the length of working with these drugs. These items would include gloves, respiratory protection, gown and other items as required.
- This position requires medical approval to wear respiratory protection in the form of negative or positive pressure respirators, including N95, full face respirator, SCBA, or Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
- Physical exertion required. Including, but not limited to, walking up to 50% of the time, standing up to 100% of the time, squatting and bending up to 20% of the time and lifting up to 80% of the time for up to a twelve hour shift. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Due to the risk of reproductive capability in handling or compounding certain Hazardous Drugs (HD) associates must be willing to confirm that they understand the potential risks (teratogenicity, carcinogenicity and reproductive effects) of handling hazardous drugs.
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.