Hims & Hers
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
About the Role:
We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Industrial Engineer to join our pharmacy and fulfillment operation team. In this role, you will be responsible for optimizing our processes, improving efficiency, and maximizing productivity in our pharmacy and fulfillment operations. As an Industrial Engineer, you will analyze current workflows, identify areas for improvement, and implement strategies to enhance operational performance while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Process Analysis and Improvement:
- Conduct thorough analysis of existing processes and workflows within the pharmacy and fulfillment operations, including order processing, inventory management, dispensing, packaging, and shipping.
- Identify bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and areas for improvement.
- Develop and implement strategies to streamline processes, reduce waste, and increase productivity.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including pharmacists, technicians, logistics personnel, and management, to gather insights and identify improvement opportunities.
- Determine optimal staffing levels and work distribution to ensure efficient and balanced workload across different areas of the pharmacy and fulfillment operations.
- Design and implement labor standards and performance metrics to monitor productivity and ensure optimal resource allocation.
- Conduct time and motion studies to establish baseline performance levels and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop staffing plans and recommend appropriate training programs to enhance employee skills and performance.
- Collaborate with architects and facility managers to design and optimize the layout of the pharmacy and fulfillment center.
- Utilize principles of lean manufacturing and ergonomic design to create efficient and safe workspaces.
- Analyze space utilization and recommend improvements to maximize storage capacity and optimize workflow.
- Identify and evaluate technology solutions, automation tools, and software systems to enhance efficiency and accuracy in pharmacy and fulfillment operations.
- Collaborate with IT teams to implement and integrate technological solutions effectively.
- Provide training and support to employees on the use of new systems and technologies.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement by fostering an environment that encourages employee engagement, idea generation, and process innovation.
- Implement performance monitoring systems and metrics to measure the effectiveness of process changes and identify areas for further improvement.
- Lead or participate in cross-functional improvement projects to drive operational excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field. A master's degree is preferred.
- Proven experience working as an Industrial Engineer in a pharmacy or fulfillment operation, preferably within the Retail, E-commerce or healthcare industry with a minimum of 3+ years of previous experience.
- Strong knowledge of process improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, and Kaizen.
- Proficiency in process mapping, data analysis, and statistical tools.
- Experience with facility layout design and optimization using AutoCAD and Sketchup.
- Familiarity with pharmacy operations, including dispensing, inventory management, and regulatory requirements is a plus but not required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think critically.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to lead and drive change, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of automation technologies like conveyance, AMRs etc. and its related software systems used in pharmacy and fulfillment operations is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft office tools like Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint for analysis, documentation and project management is required. Simulation knowledge is a plus.
- This job requires to be onsite and is not a remote position. The candidate can work from home with prior approval and depending on project needs.
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- An inclusive culture where we are always looking for improvement and cherish your input
- Great compensation package, including equity
- Unlimited PTO (10 holidays off), Mental Health days (1 day off per quarter)
- Generous Parental Leave
- High-coverage medical, dental & vision
- Mental health & wellness benefits
- Offsite team retreats
- Access to Amazon HIMS Store to order any additional equipment to ensure you have the gear you need
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products, and at the Apple Store
- $75 monthly connectivity stipend (phone/internet)
- 401k Match
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!