Legal Intern - Summer 2024
As our Legal Intern, you will work closely with the General Counsel and be exposed to various aspects of a growing telehealth company’s legal environment, including monitoring telehealth laws and regulations, contract review and negotiation, healthcare privacy issues, policy development, and legal operations.
FOLX Health exists to be the leading health and wellness platform for LGBTQIA care, providing end to end services, both virtually and in person, across the spectrum of community needs. We are the north star for innovation in the broader ecosystem by creating joyful, affirming healthcare on one's own terms and building community and access around those needs.
Reliability: We show up for our members and each other in service of our mission.
Transparency: We build trust by openly sharing our goals and progress.
Access: We invest in our team by providing the tools and training needed to achieve individual goals.
Agency: We trust our team to get their jobs done.
What You’ll Do:
- Research substantive legal issues relevant to telehealth, clinician practice and licensing, and anti-LGBT laws and legislation
- Draft commercial and employment agreements
- Review and evaluate company policies
- Create and revise agreement templates for use throughout the company
- Help identify and develop processes that need improvement
- Assist with special projects and initiatives
- Help implement legal operations processes
What You’ll Bring:
- Must be a full-time law student at a nationally-accredited law school or a recent law school graduate
- Strong academic record
- Must be passionate about LGBTQIA healthcare with a demonstrated commitment to queer issues
- Must commit to protecting sensitive and confidential information
- Motivated to learn more about a telehealth company and the myriad laws that affect our operations
- A positive attitude and eagerness to chip in wherever and whenever needed
- Identifies issues and opportunities and knows when to alert others of these concerns
Salary range: $25/hr (up to 12 weeks)
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected status. Here, diversity and inclusion means accepting that everyone’s perspective can teach you something. We’re eager to learn.
Please note: There has been a recent increase in employment scams. FOLX posts all of our open positions on our careers page at www.folxhealth.com/careers and only contacts candidates from official "@folxhealth.com" email addresses.