VP, Strategic Operations and Process Improvement
Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
The Vice President of Strategic Operations and Process Improvement plays a pivotal role in refining organizational processes for enhanced efficiency, cost reduction, and improved overall business performance. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and collaborates closely with the executive team, operational leaders, and various departments within Cohere. We are seeking an experienced healthcare strategy leader passionate about deploying technology-driven solutions for a better patient experience, clinical excellence, and operational efficiencies.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for process improvement aligned with business goals.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and mentorship for effective team-driven improvement initiatives.
- Utilize data and metrics to assess process performance, identifying bottlenecks or inefficiencies.
- Design and implement continuous improvement programs and methodologies for operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Identify and leverage technology solutions to automate and streamline processes.
- Establish KPIs to measure success, providing regular reports to executive leadership.
- Ensure process improvements align with customer needs and expectations.
- Manage budgets and allocate resources effectively for process improvement projects.
- Ensure process improvements adhere to industry regulations and compliance standards.
- Conduct benchmarking activities to compare processes with industry best practices.
- Encourage a culture of innovation and continuous improvement throughout the organization.
Your background & requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, operations management, or a related field.
- 15+ years of experience in a similar role for a health-tech company, healthcare consulting, or health plan.
- Extensive experience in process improvement, business operations, or related fields.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Strong leadership and management skills to oversee process improvement teams.
- Deep knowledge of the healthcare industry, with experience in UM, revenue cycle, digital health, and value-based care preferred.
- Analytical skills to identify inefficiencies using data-driven insights.
- Proficiency in project management methodologies.
- Familiarity with continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, or equivalent.
- Alignment of process improvement initiatives with overall business strategy and goals.
- Knowledge of technology solutions for process automation and optimization.
- Focus on achieving measurable results and driving performance improvements.
- Excellent communication skills for collaboration and presenting findings to executive leadership.
- Adaptability to changing business environments and evolving organizational needs.
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.