Training and Quality Specialist
Training & Quality Specialist
Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
The Training and Quality Specialist will report to the Supervisor of Quality and Training under the Service Operations Team at Cohere Health. You will implement quality measurements, scoring, and performance improvement data designed to improve operational efficiency while exceeding industry standards for quality performance. You will provide support to all functions within the Quality department. This includes building the success of the company through training and development. With a solid foundation in quality analysis, feedback, instructing/coaching; you are expected to be flexible and nimble in your role to manage short- and long-term projects as well as dealing with day-to-day QA tasks. Cohere culture is one of partnership and ownership.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are positive, empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Audit Individual Operations team members on processes
- Meet required audit counts
- Coach team members for improvement against quality metrics
- Provide reporting on performance and key areas of quality improvement to our Sr. Leadership
- Reviewing service operation specialists’ quality
- Ensure that all products and processes meet internal and external stakeholder requirements.
- Conduct a minimum 26 units of reviews and coachings daily, 130 units per week minimum
- Developing, planning, or conducting training activities as business needs dictate
- Lead projects and participate in projects including across departments.
Your background & requirements:
- Experience in the process of Coverage Determinations in Healthcare
- Ability to conduct effective coaching sessions
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Data collection, management and analysis
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Effective interaction with stakeholders
- Mac usage
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.
The salary range for this position is $40,000 - $60,000 annually; as part of a total benefits package which includes health insurance, 401k and bonus. In accordance with state applicable laws, Cohere is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including but not limited to qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and internal alignment.