Chief of Staff, Clinical Transformation
Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience. Founded in August 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. We build software designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
We deploy a multi-dimensional engagement model that utilizes Cohere Care Paths to ensure provider decisions are aligned with standards of care and drive optimal outcomes for every patient. We also incorporate proven interventions to unlock further improvements in experience and quality and achieve our clients’ value objectives.
You will play a pivotal role as a key collaborator with the SVP Clinical Transformation in strategic planning and department performance. You will own a variety of assignments that are critical to Cohere’s success and leverage your skills to serve as a thought and execution partner to department leaders. You will also lead broader company initiatives championed by Cohere’s Executive Leadership Team from time to time. This is a highly visible opportunity for a strategic thinker with strong problem solving and execution skills to drive impact at Cohere.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
Clinical Transformation Strategic Planning
- Work closely with the SVP Clinical Transformation to translate organizational needs into actionable department strategy through strategic planning, goal-setting, and budgeting
- Lead high-visibility projects to define and evolve Clinical Transformation team’s strategy and offerings
- Serve as a strategic thought-partner to team leaders
Clinical Transformation Performance
- Identify opportunities to drive performance and potential risks; develop new processes and structures and lead roll-out and change management
- Drive accountability to milestones and goals for department, clinical programs and strategic initiatives
- Support team on communicating results, wins, and challenges to leadership, internal stakeholders, and external audiences
- Develop, roll out, and facilitate onboarding program for new hires to the team
- Facilitate quarterly leadership planning, monthly team meetings, clinical program governance councils, clinical showcases, Medical Advisory Board meetings, and periodic team events
Executive Leadership Team Execution
- Lead broader company initiatives championed by Cohere’s Executive Leadership Team from time to time, including developing new strategies and processes, supporting Board of Directors requests, and other high priority projects
- Critical thinking and methodical problem solving skills
- Moving fluidly between strategic planning and tactical execution
- Managing through influence and leveraging cross-functional relationships to deliver
- Bias for action
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Executive presence
- Proficiency in leading executive-level meetings
- Comfort and flexibility with the ambiguity and pace of a startup environment
- Skilled working effectively in a remote work environment
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- 5+ years experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, program management, and/or a chief of staff role
- 3+ years experience working with health plans or provider organizations
We can't wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.
The salary range for this position $150,000 to $170,000 annually; as part of a total benefits package which includes health insurance, 401k and bonus. In accordance with state applicable laws, Cohere is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including but not limited to qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and internal alignment.