Supervisor of Intake
Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
Cohere’s Service Operations team is responsible for ensuring that our healthcare partners are supported throughout their lifecycle of using the platform. The Intake Specialist Supervisor, Service Operations position is a crucial role in our organization. In this role, you are responsible for coaching, mentoring, evaluating and developing the Intake Specialist team. The Intake Specialist Supervisor will use established operational tools to ensure all intake staff are meeting or exceeding performance metrics and quality standards established by the leadership team, this includes analyzing current processes to identify opportunities for enhancements.
As Supervisor of Intake, you will work closely with the leadership team at Cohere and report to the Manager of Services Operations, Intake. You will be responsible for providing supervision for the lead intake specialist and intake specialist team to meet or exceed operational objectives and metrics. You will leverage both your creative skills and communication skills to promote a high performing intake team.
The Supervisor of Intake will be highly organized in order to plan daily operational activities and provide oversight of the intake team. You will use your professionalism, personality, and communication skills to inspire the team to meet or exceed all performance standards. At a growing organization, this is a position that offers the ability to make a substantive mark on the company and its partners with exponential growth opportunities.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do
- Gain a deep understanding of Cohere’s product and our health plan partners
- Provide daily operational direction to the intake staff. This includes interviewing new hires, training, coaching, mentoring, quality auditing, implementation and oversight of quality improvement plans identified based on trends and other process improvements
- Coordinates and provides day-to-day oversight of the intake staff
- Manage workload balancing needs of the intake team
- Assist in addressing case escalations and provider issues
- HR management to include performance evaluations, 1:1’s with the lead intake specialist and intake staff
- Other duties as assigned
Your background & requirements
- Able to develop and train large groups and/or one on one
- Skilled in understanding others’ perspectives and challenges
- Able drive process improvement initiatives
- Be kind and patient while demonstrating subject matter expertise
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
- Able to break down big challenges into organized plans
- Intellectually curious with a strong desire to understand a constantly improve your work and business processes
- Able to work cross functionally across remote teams
- Flexible and agile in ambiguous situations; open to changes in role and scope as the business grows
- Previous supervisory/management experience in a contact center environment leading inbound/outbound contact center staff
We can't wait to learn more about you at Cohere!
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.