Senior Manager, Payer Solutions
Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctor’s office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
Cohere is looking for an experienced solutions manager to join our growth team as we seek to expand to new payer clients. Reporting to the VP of Payer Solutions, you will be a key member of the growth function, leading the solution design process with prospective clients.You will be charged with quickly developing a deep understanding of our customers’ needs and Cohere’s market-leading platform, which includes both clinical and technology aspects.
You will apply this understanding, together with your creative problem-solving and analytical skills, to support the sales function by leading complex solution design projects to scope the configuration of the Cohere platform for client needs. Your role as the glue between Cohere’s commercial and operational functions (e.g., product, clinical transformation, operations, integrations, implementation, etc.) will ensure that customer needs/requirements are translated seamlessly to proposals, statements of work, and to the teams charged with implementation. Finally, you will work closely with the rest of the growth team to build and refine internal sales operations processes to ensure we continue to maintain a scalable function as we expand to new markets and customers.
If you are passionate about deploying technology-driven solutions to enhance patient experience, drive clinical excellence, and achieve healthcare operational efficiencies, we want to hear from you.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Become an expert on market and technology trends impacting utilization management and related clinical functions within health plans (e.g., care management, digital health, value-based care, interoperability, etc.)
- Engage with payer executives as a thought partner, advising them on market trends, best practices, and opportunities to drive more business value from their UM function
- Serve as a Cohere SME on sales calls with payer executives, capable of leading demonstrations and speaking to the value and differentiation of the Cohere platform
- Lead consultative solution design process for complex sales pursuits
- Collaborate with sales team members to understand prospective customers’ business, clinical, technical, and compliance needs
- Collaborate with product, clinical programs, operations, and integrations team
to recommend Cohere platform configurations for the client’s needs
- Collaborate with actuarial team to quantify savings for prospective clients
- Partner with product and clinical development teams to manage configuration / customization requests
- Prepare executive presentations and demonstrations for prospective customers
- Ensure client buy-in and internal sign-off of solution design documents
- Draft proposals and statements of work to appropriately reflect client requirements and Cohere capabilities
- Partner with implementation team to ensure requirements translate into build plan
- Contribute to solutioning function by identifying opportunities to improve our internal processes and deliverables to build a scalable and high impact sales model
Your background & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree. Graduate degree in relevant field (e.g., MBA, MPH, etc.) preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in similar role for a health-tech company, healthcare consulting, or health plan
- Deep experience selling into, or working with, health insurance plans across different lines of business
- Understanding of health plan technology systems and workflows
(e.g., core claims platforms, CM/UM systems, claims data, analytics, etc.)
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical ability. Experience with financial analysis and return on investment modeling
- Customer-orientation and start-up ready mindset; comfortable with ambiguity
- Highly collaborative and experience participating in team-led sales models
- Experience working with cross-functional teams; project management experience a plus
- Willing to travel to prospect meetings
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.