Healthcare Analytics Analyst, Clinical Programs Performance
Cohere Health, a fast-growing series B company, is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction between patients and doctors experienced in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
We are looking for an Analyst, Healthcare Analytics to play a key role conducting analyses that drive our strategy, inform product performance and provide insights critical to the development of new clinical intervention strategies and product enhancements. Reporting into our Sr. Director, Operations & Analytics you will be part of a small, fast-paced team taking on analytically focused projects that improve our product performance with clients. Ultimately, the work you do will have a direct impact on the growth of the company and our ability to assist more patients at a time in their healthcare journey when they need help most.
You should apply if you enjoy conducting complex analyses and identifying opportunities to drive enhanced value for patients and clients. You love working on a fast paced team, and equally value heads down time to build out analyses and cross functional collaboration with experts. You value rapid execution, and can quickly iterate based on feedback. You have a customer-first mindset, and deliver top-quality work for internal and external customers with clear communication.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Work with multiple types of healthcare data to build and maintain analytical and reporting solutions to support strategy and program decision making
- Identify optimization opportunities based on analyses to drive increased value for clients
- Perform quantitative analysis of health care cost, operational performance and clinical outcomes using claims and authorization data
- Track cost, utilization and industry trends to inform stakeholders of product performance and provide insights around opportunities to optimize clinical value for patients, providers and payers.
- Prepare information for clients, build reports, data visualization and self service solutions for internal and external stakeholders
- Develop, review, and analyze detailed data sets leveraged for client reporting/analytics
- Collaborate with IPA team on rule refinement and metric tracking
Your background & requirements:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Health Informatics, Public Health or related field preferred
- Work Experience: 2+ years experience working in an analyst role with a health plan, utilization management vendor or consulting firm
- Collaboration: Experience interfacing with internal stakeholders and colleagues on the development and definition of client and program specific KPIs
- Data Analysis and Interpretation: Ability to use statistical analysis tools (such as SQL, R, or SAS) to extract insights from complex healthcare data sets, interpret trends, and derive actionable recommendations - experience with Athena preferred
- Communication Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills will be essential to convey complex information to stakeholders and collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and clients
- Project Execution: Experience setting goals and meeting deadlines for multiple ongoing projects
- Problem-Solving and Critical Thinking: Ability to identify issues within healthcare data and devise solutions
- Data Visualization: 1+ years experience building and/or maintaining dashboards and self service business intelligence tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Healthcare Knowledge: Understanding of healthcare systems, medical terminologies, clinical workflows, and regulations preferred
- Ethical Decision-Making: Ability to navigate ethical dilemmas in healthcare data management and analysis while upholding professional standards and integrity
- Passionate about improving the U.S. healthcare system and helping ensure every patient receives the best care possible
- Must be comfortable working independently in a fast paced environment
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.