Senior Business Planning Analyst
Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
The Business Planning Senior Analyst position is a crucial role in our organization as business needs change quickly — in this role you are responsible for performing a full range of activities that will positively impact the organization and contribute to guiding the service operations delivery model.
This position is a data driven role, focused on driving decision making off of analytics. You will be responsible for providing key insights into leading indicators of business performance – as well as through analytics, explaining how processes and services could be optimized. You will contribute to healthcare analytics to meet quality, cost and service objectives with your knowledge of statistical analysis including clinical and financial risk tracking, models to impact experience, cost, quality, and opportunity analysis. You will help build a company, as well as wear many hats. Our team values empowerment and is committed to developing our talent.
This position is always evolving. We encourage you to be authentic and think about how your strengths and interests align with our mission. You will need to be an agile thinker and able to work in an environment that is in flux. This is a position that offers the ability to make a substantive mark on the organization/operations structure of an up and coming company with exponential growth opportunity.The work will be fast-paced and project-based, with evolving needs - requiring scrappiness, flexibility, curiosity, and grace under pressure. Your work will enable Cohere to make the right investments in a critical stage for our company.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What will you do
- Understand Cohere’s value proposition to clients and providers in order to accurately tell stories using data
- Capacity Planning for current and future prospects enterprise wide
- Support in unit economics reporting, trending and analytics focused on improvement
- Creatively and independently problem solve for business needs using data that may need to be curated through collaboration with engineering and data governance team
- Create and maintain a system to notify leadership of staffing inefficiencies or variance to plan impacts promptly to expedite appropriate actions
- Project staffing level requirements by activity to optimize service levels
- Track, analyze function and agent level performance including trends, utilizing data and reports from a variety of systems
- Analyze and report historical data and trends
- Aid in development and improvement of processes and procedures
- Assist in the creation of process flows
- Be a subject matter expert in Cohere’s external deliverables for new and existing clients
- Be responsible for both ad hoc analysis as well assisting in developing dashboards for internal and external use
- Risk remediation and opportunity identification with strong emphasis on solutions
- Develop high quality decks and presentation materials for presentation to leadership on an as needed basis
- At least 5 years analytical/reporting experience, preferably at a healthcare company or allied health organization
- At least 3 years experience forecasting and building out capacity models
- Experience with unit economics and driving operational cost through data analysis
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheet
- Experience developing custom spreadsheet models
- Excellent data management skills
- Ability to create advanced visualizations using Microsoft Excel or Google Sheet
- Ability to to define and track Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and various business metrics
- 3 years of experience measuring performance related metrics
- Ability to identify shifting trends, outliers, risks and opportunities based on historical datasets
- Knowledge of data forecasting concepts
- Ability to calculate required production hours and make staffing recommendations
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Flexibility and agility, works well in ambiguous situations, clear understanding of an early stage startup environment
- Ability to work cross functionally across remote teams
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to understand a problem and work it to a viable solution
- Thrive in a fast paced, self directed environment
- Highly organized
- Proficient in developing presentations that tell a complete story
- Passionate about continuous process improvement, always actively seeking out practical solutions to challenging business problems
- You understand that this position is very fluid and the term “not my job” doesn’t exist
- BA/BS Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Mathematics
- Experience with both Call Center and Back Office planning and metrics
- Healthcare Experience a plus
- Some familiarity with Salesforce
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.