Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are committed to eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
In this role, you’ll join our growing team of world-class machine learning engineers and clinical experts to deploy machine learning models that help automate burdensome administrative clinical practices.
Our ML team’s work is focused on designing, deploying, and monitoring production models which extract or predict relevant clinical findings from structured and unstructured data sources.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Evaluate deep learning approaches (e.g. transformers) for embedding, retrieval, classification and generative use cases
- Build, deploy, and monitor reliable and scalable production machine learning systems
- Write and maintain codebases to perform data preprocessing, model training, evaluation, and deployment
- Provide software and machine learning best practice guidance to junior engineers
- Work cross-functionally with diverse stakeholders, including product managers, clinicians, and technical leadership
Your background and characteristics:
- You have 3+ years experience in applied ML in the industry with a degree in computer science, machine learning, mathematics or a similar field
- Clear understanding of model building, model maintenance and the measures that optimize models for production use
- Understand experimental design and can independently perform collection, measurement, and interpretation of results
- Expert in Python with experience in deep learning frameworks (e.g., PyTorch)
- Hands on experience building deep learning models (e.g., transformers) for NLP tasks
Bonus points for:
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with generative AI or Retrieval Augmented Generation (RAG)
- Experience working with unstructured healthcare data (e.g., clinical notes)
- Experience with OCR or image-based document understanding techniques
- Hands on experience using AWS tools such as SageMaker Studio and Neptune
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.