Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
Cohere is looking for an experienced Director of Implementation to join our team in support of current and future customer implementations. This person will be a critical leader as Cohere launches work with additional payer and provider customers, overseeing implementations and managing the cross-functional teams responsible for delivering on these implementations. This person will also be a key representative of Cohere, helping to build and nurture customer relationships to ensure success both during and after implementation. Lastly, this role will help refine best practices based on new customer implementation and will support the refinement of our playbook for implementation with future customers. The role will be key to ensuring success with our initial customers and to helping Cohere continue to expand and successfully bring on future customers.
You will report to the Senior Director of Implementation but will interface with both commercial and clinical team members.
If you are passionate about deploying technology-driven solutions to enhance patient experience, drive clinical excellence, and achieve healthcare operational efficiencies, we want to hear from you!
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Lead end-to-end implementation efforts for new and existing customers as we rapidly scale to new customers
- Establish strategy for implementation at Cohere, factoring in the unique nature of our payer and risk-bearing provider customers and the variety of solutions Cohere offers
- Partner with solutions team during the sales process to effectively scope and contract for the best solution
- Work closely with solutioning and product strategy teams to convert initial launch and expansion vision into tactical implementation plans
- Manage handoffs from sales team to implementation team and from implementation to client performance team
- Track and report on implementation progress and key risks and issues, including developing and managing a detailed project schedule and work plan, involving all relevant stakeholders and closely monitoring the status of key deliverables
- Manage team responsible for implementation, which may include both implementation manager and cross-functional implementation support (integration manager, product support, etc.)
- Act as the key liaison between client implementation team and cross functional teams at Cohere to drive implementation activities
- Establish strong relationships with customers during implementation to ensure lasting success during delivery
- Refine implementation best practices and create an efficient and repeatable model for future clients
- Support the creation of a playbook to guide process for implementing with additional customers
Your background & requirements:
- 8+ years of experience working in a consulting and/or implementation role, preferably working with health plan customers
- MBA or relevant Master’s degree in healthcare and/or management
- Deep expertise in all aspects of implementation, including customer engagement, project management, internal and external communication, and cross-functional collaboration
- Significant experience working on tech implementations (heavy software based / tech heavy implementations)
- Significant experience working with health plans on end-to-end implementations
- Customer-facing experience and strong orientation towards customer service mindset
- Start up ready mindsets - comfort with ambiguity and willingness to be flexible as customer needs shift
- Experience managing implementation teams and resources
- Organized and detail oriented with expertise in building out infrastructure and tools needed to create scalable implementation processes
- Prior experience and high level of comfort working in powerpoint (including storytelling via slides), microsoft project, and excel
- After travel returns, willingness to travel up to 25% of time
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.
The salary range for this position is x to y; as part of a total benefits package which includes health insurance, 401k and bonus. In accordance with state applicable laws, Cohere is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including but not limited to qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and internal alignment.