VP, Growth Strategy
Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctor’s office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
Cohere is seeking a seasoned healthcare strategy leader to join our growth team. Reporting to the VP of Payer Solutions, you will be a key leader of the growth and strategy function, leading initiatives to drive growth in new market opportunities. You will be charged with quickly developing a deep understanding of our customers’ needs and Cohere’s market-leading platform, which includes both clinical and technology aspects. You will apply this understanding to shape Cohere’s growth strategy by identifying and developing strategies to pursue new growth opportunities in adjacent markets. You will collaborate closely with the executive team and leaders in the growth, product, clinical development functions to ensure strong alignment and execution as Cohere expands its portfolio of solutions.
If you are passionate about deploying technology-driven solutions to enhance patient experience, drive clinical excellence, and achieve healthcare operational efficiencies, we want to hear from you.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Develop deep understanding of customer needs and market trends in utilization management and related functions within health plans and provider organizations
(e.g., care management, payment integrity, revenue cycle, value-based care, etc.)
- Lead process to identify, evaluate, and prioritize new business opportunities to drive growth in adjacent markets
- Develop business plans to enter prioritized market opportunities, including primary and secondary market research, market sizing, customer needs analysis, assessment of build/buy/partner options, pro forma financials
- Lead business development activities to support entry into prioritized market opportunities, including identification, qualification, and negotiation of strategic partnerships and/or acquisitions
- Serve in an interim general manager capacity to incubate new business opportunities, driving product packaging and GTM activities, and ensuring cross-functional alignment to deliver solutions
- Facilitate Cohere Health’s strategy refresh process in collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team
- Collaborate with Finance and Business Unit Executives to provide input to Cohere’s long range financial plan
- Lead special projects and other strategic initiatives at behest of Business Unit leaders
Your background & requirements:
- Bachelor's degree. Graduate degree in relevant field (e.g., MBA, MPH, etc.) preferred
- 15+ experience in similar role for a health-tech company, healthcare consulting, or health plan
- Deep experience selling into, or working with, health insurance plans across different lines of business
- Deep and broad knowledge of the healthcare industry. Prior experience in UM, revenue cycle, digital health, and value-based care preferred.
- Demonstrated track record leading cross functional teams to execute product launches and new business building initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communications, and strong executive presence with the ability to influence other senior leaders
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical ability. Experience with financial analysis, capital budgeting, and return on investment modeling
- Customer-orientation and start-up ready mindset; comfortable with ambiguity
- Willing to travel to prospect and client meetings as needed
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.