Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
You will lead a high caliber software engineering team that is central to our value proposition and crucial to the success of our company. Product engineering teams at Cohere work with a high degree of autonomy to solve complex problems across the business partnering closely with product and design.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Build a new team expected to scale out the platform across new providers and payers.
- Lead a fast-paced, autonomous, agile team of software engineers to build and enhance a growing software platform.
- Create transparency into delivery health through the use of meaningful sprint metrics that inform data-driven interventions.
- Enable the team to further its impact, by improving upon its means of delivery and working closely with the product and implementation organizations to further the value we can bring to our customers.
- Provide technical leadership throughout the design and delivery process, bringing perspective and motivating engineers to develop simple, pragmatic solutions to complex problems
- Ensure the team is following and building upon software engineering best practices including testing, quality, and security.
- Foster a culture of developing early career talent who will become the next leaders in the organization, enabling the individuals and the team to work with autonomy.
- Help hire new talent - help with sourcing and selling to candidates as well as vetting them for the team. Provide innovative solutions for both attracting and retaining top talent.
Your background & requirements:
- 2+ years of experience managing software engineering teams in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Fluency in Java and React
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality software on time and within budget
- Previous experience as a product oriented team lead with expertise in one or more programming languages and frameworks
- Deep domain expertise within a specific area of the software development lifecycle such as quality, security, or testing
- Prior experience building a team, and coaching it to success
- Prior experience in healthcare or life sciences
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!