Office Manager, Part-time
Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
We are seeking a responsible, detail-oriented individual with administrative experience to support a fast-paced health tech company in Boston. This Office Manager position is critical to the business. They will work part time (approximately 25 hours/week, coming into the office at least 4 days per week) in our Boston office to manage groceries, supplies, mail, deliveries, visitors and other such duties. This person will be responsible for maintaining an organized and tidy space that makes people feel comfortable and welcome.
This role requires a high degree of follow-through, strong interpersonal skills, and impeccable organizational capability, all while serving as the “face” of Cohere for visitors. This person will maintain a balance among multiple priorities and be comfortable handling a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Serve as the “face” of Cohere, welcoming visitors to our office
- Receive deliveries and send out mail and packages as needed
- Triage sensitive mail according to protocol in a timely manner
- Order, organize, and stock groceries and office supplies, maintaining a budget
- Perform light tidying and cleaning of the office space and kitchen, including tasks like emptying the dishwasher and cleaning the coffee machine
- Tidy, clean and prepare the space for special events
- Identify and report any issues with the office space requiring attention
- Other duties as assigned
Your background & requirements:
- 1-3 years of experience in office management or administrative assistant work
- Ability to be in the office at least 4 days per week for 25 hours per week, total; exact schedule to be confirmed during the hiring process
- Self-motivated; able to work independently
- Eager to try new things and learn; “not my job” isn’t in your vocabulary
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to triage incoming requests and shift priorities
- Flexible and adaptable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma/GED required, Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.