Quality Specialist, Service Operations
Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
QA Specialist will work for the Manager of Quality and Training under the Service Operations Team at Cohere Health. You will implement quality measurements, scoring, and performance improvement data designed to improve operational efficiency while exceeding industry standards for quality performance. You will provide support to all functions within the Quality department. With a solid foundation in QA, you are expected to be flexible and nimble in your role to manage short- and long-term projects as well as dealing with day-to-day QA tasks. Cohere culture is one of partnership and ownership. “Not My Job” doesn’t exist in this position.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Audit Individual Operations team members on processes
- Meet required audit counts
- Coach team members for improvement against quality metrics
- Provide reporting on performance and key areas of quality improvement to our Sr. Leadership
- Reviewing service operation specialists’ quality
- Ensure that all products and processes meet internal and external stakeholder requirements.
- Conduct a minimum 26 units of reviews and coachings daily, 130 units per week minimum
- Developing, planning, or conducting training activities as business needs dictate
- Lead projects and participate in projects including across departments.
Your background & requirements:
- Experience in the process of Coverage Determinations in Healthcare
- Ability to conduct effective coaching sessions
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Data collection, management and analysis
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Effective interaction with stakeholders
- Mac usage
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.