Engineering Manager, DevOps
Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
You will lead a high caliber software engineering team that is central to our value proposition and crucial to the success of our company. Product engineering teams at Cohere work with a high degree of autonomy to solve complex problems across the business partnering closely with product and design.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Build a new team expected to scale out the platform across new providers and payers.
- Help hire new talent - help with sourcing and selling to candidates as well as vetting them for the team. Provide innovative solutions for both attracting and retaining top talent.
- Ensure the team is following and building upon software engineering best practices including testing, quality, and security.
- Manages the software builds, packages, and deploys for consumption due to incidents or problems which have been identified affecting production
- Manage the organizations Cloud accounts on AWS
- Stay current on advancements in infrastructure and security landscape and influence adoption across enterprise
- Serves as a gatekeeper between Engineering teams and Service Delivery teams to provide handoff from Engineering to Production
- Develop scripts to automate DevOps functions, source code checking with continuous integration, automated test tool configuration, application topology configuration, automated deployment and proactive environment monitoring & management
- Be part of a team of collaborators focusing on internal and external client satisfaction, efficiency and flawless execution in the OLA’s and SLA’s we have with other internal teams
- Gather, challenge, clarify, and document technical requirements coming from technology leadership
Your background & requirements:
- 2+ years of experience managing software engineering teams in a fast-paced, agile environment
- DevOps, Security, Infrastructure (performance monitoring/load testing)
- Experience architecting and deploying software to modern cloud infrastructure using AWS and Terraform is required
- Fluency in Python is required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality software on time and within budget
- Previous experience as a product oriented team lead with expertise in one or more programming languages and frameworks
- Deep domain expertise within a specific area of the software development lifecycle such as quality, security, or testing
- Prior experience building a team, and coaching it to success
- Prior experience in healthcare or life sciences
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.