Sr. Director, Quality and Network Intelligence
Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding analytics leader. You will lead a team of data analysts and work closely with clinicians, clinical program leaders, informaticists, data scientists, and actuaries. Primary responsibility includes building Cohere’s new analytic capability for population level and provider level cost and quality insights, as well as go-to-market strategy and value articulation of these productized analytics and client facing deliverables. The population level and provider level cost and quality insights will add significant value to Cohere’s overall clinical program offerings, which aim to improve a) payor/provider/patient collaboration through utilization management and care management process, b) quality of care and patient outcomes, and c) healthcare utilization and spending efficiency.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Deeply understand Cohere’s clinical content, products, services and clinical programs and how Cohere’s solutions intersect with healthcare providers’ workflow and patients’ care journey.
- Drive go-to-market strategy and value articulation to add value to Cohere’s clinical program offerings
- Build analytics capability for population level and provider-level cost, quality and care appropriateness insights, including trend and benchmark comparison
- Deliver productized analytics and client facing deliverables to deliver cost, quality and care appropriateness insights
- Present population level and provider-level cost, quality and care appropriateness insights in front of internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis, both at sales/solutioning/pre-launch phases and post-launch implementation phases.
- Lead a team of data analysts
- Setting individual KPIs, work pipeline and timeline and tracking performance and deliverables
- providing technical and professional mentorship
- subject matter guidance on provider analytics and its application in value based care
- Passionate about improving the U.S. healthcare system and helping ensure every patient receives the best care possible.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in healthcare industry (payer, provider, consulting), with demonstrated quantitative analytical and critical thinking skills
- Minimum of 5 years in a managerial role
- Advanced knowledge of medical claims, pharmacy, eligibility and registry data.
- Advanced knowledge of health outcome evaluation methodology (e.g., structure, process and outcome based quality, cost and appropriateness measures)
- In-depth product experience with population-level and provider-level quality and cost analytics and report cards
- Self-starter, able to work independently, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start-up environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of analytical and programing languages, (e.g., Base SAS, SAS/Macros, and SQL or R, Python or equivalent statistical and analytical software) to be able to develop business requirements with high implementation fidelity
- Master’s or doctorate degree in Public Health, Health Policy, Biostatistics, or Health Economics required. Advanced degree and MBA preferred.
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.