Senior Software Engineer, Applications
Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctor's office. Founded in August, 2019, we are committed to eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
This is a unique opportunity to join a software engineering team that is growing quickly. You will build impactful healthcare technology on a modern stack utilizing your full stack software engineering background.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Work on fast-paced, collaborative, agile teams to build and enhance a growing software platform together
- Responsible for end to end feature releases and platform enhancements
- Actively support the technical design process, bringing your expertise and analysis to help make data-driven decisions
- Contribute heavily to feature design, development, testing, and delivery of our cloud platform and web applications
- Support all parts of our platform from the database to the frontend
- Continuously discover, understand, and implement new technologies & services to maximize development efficiency
- Contribute to a culture committed to testing, quality, and attention to detail by supporting best practices such as writing and maintaining comprehensive test coverage
- Actively participate in ensuring Cohere maintains a disciplined approach to healthcare security
- Foster a community of mentorship for junior engineers on your team
Your background & requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in software development lifecycle, required
- Experience building applications using React and TypeScript is required
- Fluency in Java is required
- Hands on experience leveraging test frameworks such as Cypress, Jest, Mocha, JUnit, or Cucumber is a plus, but not required
- Hands on experience building applications on NoSQL technologies is a plus, but not required
- Prior experience in healthcare and life sciences is a plus, but is not required
- You have experience working on software development teams, building and deploying full stack web applications
- You are passionate about building quality products and want to own product development end-to-end, with excellent design and development standards
- You can collaborate closely with teammates in product and design to build applications providing healthcare practitioners with the highest quality user experience
- You have experience with common software development practices such as version control, unit testing, and CI/CD
- You are a team player and are interested in working at a fast-paced startup environment
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!