VP, Data & Machine Learning
Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctor's office. Founded in August 2019, we are committed to eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experienced in areas with nothing to do with health and treatment. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
The technology group at Cohere Health has experienced rapid growth over the past three years. Each year, the team has doubled in size, and the group has grown from a small, tight-knit team to a large, diverse group of engineers and data scientists. We are seeking a leader to consolidate data engineering, data management, data science, and machine learning. The leader will foster greater cohesion between the functions and expand their capacity and capabilities to face the ambitious goal of eliminating unnecessary administrative burden from the US healthcare system.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Lead the data engineering, data management, data science, and machine learning teams
- Execute a continual planning process that delivers dependable results
- Foster a culture of curiosity and discovery
- Develop an organizational obsession with delivering high-quality data insights efficiently and effectively.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product, design, and operations so that the company's data asset delivers outsized returns.
- Manage and foster both formal and informal talent development activities.
- Above all, strengthen the existing culture to make Cohere Health an employer of choice for top talent.
Your background and characteristics:
- PhD or Master's degree in quantitative science or data engineering, or a related field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in data science, with at least 5 years of experience in a leadership role
- Strong experience with iterative delivery methodologies such as Agile or Scrum applied to data science or machine learning teams.
- Familiarity with R, Python, PyTorch, MLFLow, Spark, cluster technologies such as Kubernetes and EMR.
- At least 5 years experience with healthcare or payer technology
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of building and leading teams in a high growth environment.
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.