Centivo On-site Hiring Event - Customer Service Representatives
We exist for American workers and their employers -- who are the backbone of our economy. That is where Centivo comes in -- our mission is to bring affordable, high-quality healthcare to the millions of Americans who struggle to pay their healthcare bills.
Centivo is having an on-site hiring event to fill multiple Member Care Specialist positions!
We will be conducting interviews and making offers on Monday, February 12th 4:00pm-7:00pm at our Buffalo office located at the UB Gateway building at 77 Goodell Street, Buffalo, NY connected to the Eve Educational Opportunity Center. We highly encourage that you pre-register by applying now and we will book a time slot that works best for you during the event hours prior to your arrival. If not, you are welcome to bring your resume as we accept walk-ins.
Prior customer service experience is a plus but not required as we provide a paid training program scheduled to start Monday, March 4th, 2024, Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm in the Buffalo office.
A career in healthcare needs to begin somewhere and we believe this is a great place to kick it off (and grow) with an hourly rate starting at $18 (up to $20 depending on prior experience).
If you think you’d like:
- Supporting members and health care providers on inquiries
- Researching and solving complex problems
- Educating members and health care providers on benefits and navigation of our site, and
- Disrupting the healthcare system
you might be our next Member Care Specialist!
Still reading? Here is more about the opportunity.
What you’ll do:
- Accept inbound calls from members and providers on inquiries pertaining to benefits, eligibility, and claims
- Research complex inquiries by use of tools, documentation, and outbound calls
- Educate members and providers on benefits and navigation of Centivo site, tools, and applications
- Document all interactions and ensure proper processes/procedures are followed and follow up action is taken
- De-escalate calls when necessary
- Address first level complaints and provide assistance on appeals as needed;
You should have:
- High school diploma or GED
- Some computer skills
- Familiarity with the Microsoft operating system and their suite of applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- And can quickly learn other proprietary computer systems
- Ability to communicate professionally, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
These are not required, but would be nice to have:
- Fast-paced Call Center experience
- Previous claims experience and/or medical billing experience
This role is located in our downtown Buffalo, NY office with an opportunity for hybrid post training and after 90 days of working in the office and meeting metrics. Opportunity to work remotely when scheduled shift ends past 7:00pm.
The ranges we place in our job postings reflect what we anticipate to be the minimum to maximum of the base salary for this role. Additionally, our overall benefits package includes a few things you may consider towards a total compensation such as bonus, health benefits (some employer paid), PTO, and equity option grants.
Who we are:
Centivo is an innovative health plan for self-funded employers on a mission to bring affordable, high-quality healthcare to the millions of working Americans who struggle to pay their medical bills. Anchored around a primary care based ACO model, Centivo saves employers 15 to 30 percent compared to traditional insurance carriers. Employees also realize significant savings through our free primary care (including virtual), predictable copay and no-deductible benefit plan design. Centivo works with employers ranging in size from 51 employees to Fortune 500 companies. For more information, visit centivo.com.
Headquartered in Buffalo, NY with offices in New York City and Buffalo, Centivo is backed by leading healthcare and technology investors, including a recent round of investment from Morgan Health, a business unit of JPMorgan Chase & Co.